This privacy notice relates to NABCEL’s housing services. It applies to information provided by post, email, telephone and online.
2. The data controller
The data controller is:
Nuneaton CV11 5AA
We will store the data in our computer and manual record systems and restrict access according to relevant policies and procedures.
3. Personal data
The personal data we may hold includes: your name, address, gender, date of birth, NI number, home phone, mobile phone, email address, bank details, addresses from the last three years, next of kin address and contact details, doctor name, address and contact details, car details and driving licence number, passport details, employment details, salary details, housing benefit details and details of any pets, plus any details we may need in order to verify your identity or assess your eligibility or suitability for a property.
We will use this data for the following purposes:
- To administer your stay in temporary accommodation;
- To administer your tenancy in a NABCEL property;
- To assess risk factors in relation to your residency or tenancy;
- In the case of emergency, to notify your doctor or next of kin.
4. Legal basis
Where NABCEL processes your data in relation to your residency or tenancy, data protection law describes the legal basis for processing as necessary for the performance of a contract.
Where NABCEL processes your data to assess risk factors or in the case of emergency, data protection law describes this legal basis for processing as performance of a task carried out in the public interest or to protect your vital interests.
We do not need your consent to collect or process your personal information. This is because we need the information in order to provide you with accommodation.
NABCEL may pass on your personal data to third parties for the purposes of detecting or preventing fraud or other crime, or if it is necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested. These organisations may include Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council, Coventry City Council, Warwickshire County Council, Warwickshire Police, the Department of Work and Pensions, HMRC or any other organisation where we are required or permitted by law to share information.
Your records are held within secure emails, in a secure section of NABCEL’s information management system, or on secure servers on NABCEL’s network. Some records may be held in secure manual storage.
7. Retention period
If we accommodate you in temporary accommodation, NABCEL will process your personal data for the duration of your stay. If you enter into a tenancy, we will process your personal data for the duration of your tenancy plus six years.
8. Your rights as a data subject
You have the right:
- to request a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records;
- where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing;
- in some circumstances, to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation;
- to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing;
- to complain if we refuse a request you may make using these rights and you are not happy with our reason.
We may refer any request you may make using these rights to another organisation, if they have been involved in processing your personal data.
If you are unhappy about how we are handling your personal data you can complain to us and we will investigate. You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Nuneaton CV11 5AA
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wilmslow SK9 5AF
This notice was last updated on 4 June 2018.